We're launching our Stryker Dashboard today. This will be the home of your test quality in the future. The first feature? A mutation score badge!
Tell me how!
Take these steps to enable the mutation score badge on your repository.
- Step 1: Make sure you can run stryker during a travis build (we only support travis at the moment).
- Step 2: Go to https://dashboard.stryker-mutator.io and sign with your github account.
- Step 3: Flip the switch next to your repository:
- Step 4: Configure your api key in your project. Please make sure you encrypt this variable using the encrypted environment variables.
$ travis encrypt STRYKER_DASHBOARD_API_KEY=89b99910-04d8-4ffb-9a91-23d709c828b4 --add
- Step 5: Configure the dashboard reporter in your stryker.conf.js file (you will need stryker version 0.19.1 or higher):
reporter: [ /*...*/ 'dashboard' ]
- Step 6: Force a travis build
$ git push origin master
Your badge will be available at:
(don't forget to add it to your readme file)
Real life examples of the mutation score badge:
A mutation score badge sure is nice, but what does the future bring?
First we want to support monorepo style projects (stryker itself is a mono-repo). Every package in your monorepo will have its own badge. We also want to support a cumulative badge for in your main readme file.
We would also like to support more build servers and use cases. Are you missing a feature? Please let us know by opening an issue.
But the dashboard is more than just badges. We truly want to make this the home of your test quality. You can think of features like:
- Showing your html mutation report.
- Keep your history and show trend lines.
- Informing you how a pull request changes your mutation score.
- Support mutation testing frameworks for other languages.
We are curious to know what you think.